Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Steamfresh Specially Seasoned Chicken Flavored Rice Review

In couponing adventures it is inevitable that you are going to get things for pennies or Free sometimes. But do the things you get actually taste good, or work well? It has been my experience that most of the time the answer is yes! However there may be times when you get a product and its something you would not want to buy again. This is actually why manufacturers put the coupons out there. Hoping it will persuade consumers into buying it, giving it a try and want to buy it often! I have been asked if I just buy the stuff because its going to be free, or if I actually "like" it. Honestly, the first time I get it is because it is free. If I came across something I would never use or eat again and it was free later on a different shopping trip, I would get it and donate it. If I have the coupon for an item for free, I am going to use that coupon! Plenty of people would enjoy free stuff. I always recommend donating to your local food bank anytime you can.

I started this post to say that I will try to do some small reviews on things that I have gotten for cheap or free. I hope I can keep up the time frame to include this in often! No company has asked me to do these reviews, they are strictly my opinion on a product that I purchased with no compensation involved!

So with that being said my first review will be on Birds Eye Steamfresh Specially Seasoned Chicken Flavored Rice. This was an item that I was able to pick up for FREE in January from Ingles using a sale plus a coupon!

 
It starts out frozen in a special bag, No need to dirty any pots or pans, just stick it in the microwave for 4 minutes, then serve. It was very easy to cook. When I opened the bag and poured out my serving everything was nice and hot. It had a very nice smell AND it actually looked like what the package indicated though the brocoli pieces were a bit smaller. I could taste the chicken flavor on the rice and the vegetables were a great texture and flavor. After the initial tasting I added just a drizzle of soy sauce, I love it on my rice! In the end I can say that I loved it. This would make a perfect side dish or you could add some chicken, shrimp or beef to make this a great dinner. (Pkg indicates it serves 2)

 
Nutrition Info (1 serving)
Calories 230
Total Fat 4.5g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 760mg                    
Total Carbs43g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 3g
Protein 5g

I didn't have any problems with this item, cooking was easy, clean up easy, the taste was great and cost was FREE. I give it a Rating of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails