Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Edition, Tip of the day!



I have decided to start sharing a useful tip each day that I have found while searching online, or a reader has sent me. Maybe even one I have come up with on my own! It is in the hopes that we can all learn something new to make our lives easier in one way or another!

So with that, Today's tip goes along with what many of you are probably doing, and that is Spring Cleaning! One room that probably doesn't get tackled so easily is the kitchen!

I don't know about you guys, but my kitchen drawers and a holder on my counter top is full of all kinds of Utensils! Spoons of many sizes and colors. There is spatulas and basters, Peelers and Mashers! Even some things that I'm not even sure what they are for! Are all of these necessary? Probably not, but yet we hold on to it all! I found a great tip from Organizational expert Peter Walsh, who has even been featured on Oprah.

If you want to see what utensils you're really using, Peter recommends the cardboard box test. "Take all the utensils out of your drawers, put them in a cardboard box," he says. "For the next month, whenever you use one of these utensils, put it back in the drawer. If after four weeks it's still in the box, you don't need it."

From there, think of donating those unused items, putting them in a yard sale, Or if they are in nice enough shape, you may be able to make a gift set out of them included in a pretty basket for a newlywed couple, or bring to a housewarming party!


I see this Cardboard box test working to help declutter other ares of the home as well!

If you have a helpful tip to make life easier, please email me at Maranda@thefrugalfreeloader.com. I will be sure to give you full credit for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails